Our St. Mary's Youth has Sunday School from 10:30 - 11:30 am during the school year. Youth events are held once with a month.
In April, the youth enjoyed a "Progressive Dinner" - where youth, mentors & leaders began at St. Mary's, then headed over to 3 different host venues for dinner & fun activities.
In May, the youth participated in the annual yard cleanup - which raised money for the mission trip scheduled for 2018 to Malawi, in southeastern Africa.
In June, the youth had the opportunity to venture out to Nancy Lake, where our youth mentors & leaders hosted a day out on the water - tubing, boating and canoeing; complete with a picnic lunch, snacks throughout the day and a bonfire for s'mores and sharing stories with one another.
In July, our youth:
- Hiked Flattop after the 10 AM service on July 9. In addition, at a point during their hike, St. Mary's youth paused to celebrate Eucharist with Rev. Kacei and their parent(s)/guardian(s) on the hike.
- Ran the games at St. Mary's Annual Church Picnic on Sunday, July 30, after the 10 AM service.
Yukon Island - Annual Youth Retreat (August 11-13, 2017)
This is a time for our St. Mary's Youth to bond & experience spiritual renewal by taking a scenic road trip from Anchorage, then venturing onto a water taxi from Homer, setting sail to the Yukon Island Center in Alaska's beautiful Kachemak Bay.
- The cutoff date for permission slips was on Thursday, July 13.
- There was a Pre-Retreat Experience for youth, parents & chaperones on Wednesday, August 2 at 6 PM. It was a chance for all of us to meet with one another prior to our trip on August 11. Food was provided & childcare was available, upon request.
- Payments for Yukon Island are due into the church office by Friday, August 4.
You may also contact The Rev. Kacei for more details on this upcoming event!
More youth events are upcoming down the road! Stay tuned here for more information!